UAE

UAE accuses Iran of firing 2 ballistic missiles

The UAE says Iran fired two ballistic missiles toward its territory, with one landing in its territorial waters after months without reported attacks.

avatar-icon

News Desk

The News Desk provides timely and factual coverage of national and international events, with an emphasis on accuracy and clarity.

UAE accuses Iran of firing 2 ballistic missiles
This screen grab taken from video footage released on July 17, 2026 by Iran's Revolutionary Guards (IRGC)'s Sepah News website shows a missile being launched from an undisclosed location towards US targets in Qatar, Kuwait and Oman.
Screenshot

The United Arab Emirates on Tuesday accused Iran of firing two ballistic missiles toward its territory, with one falling in UAE territorial waters and the other outside them, after months without reported attacks under a collapsed agreement.

Did Iran fire ballistic missiles at the UAE?

The UAE said its air defenses detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran toward the country. The first missile fell outside UAE territorial waters, while the second fell within them, according to the Defense Ministry.

The ministry disclosed the launches in a statement posted on X, nearly two hours after authorities sent residents a brief warning about a potential missile threat.

What warning did the UAE issue after the missile launches?

The UAE Interior Ministry sent a phone alert warning residents to seek shelter because of potential missile threats. The alert was lifted shortly afterward.

“Due to the current situation, potential missile threats, immediately seek a safe place in the closest secure building,” the ministry said in the alert.

It was the first such warning since a false alarm in June and another alert in July for an attack that ultimately did not enter UAE territory. Before those alerts, the last missile warning had been issued in early May.

What is the latest on UAE-Iran attacks?

The latest missile detection comes after tankers belonging to the state-owned oil company ADNOC were repeatedly targeted in recent weeks.

When the Middle East war began on Feb. 28, the UAE bore the brunt of Iran's attacks, with nearly 3,000 missiles and drones directed at the country, more than anywhere else in the region.

After a memorandum of understanding between the two parties took effect in June, the UAE reported no attacks, unlike other Gulf states. That agreement has since collapsed.

Comments

See what people are discussing