Bodies of 3 killed in Pakistan's Balochistan bus attack identified
Funeral to be held after bodies arrive in Karachi
News Desk
The News Desk provides timely and factual coverage of national and international events, with an emphasis on accuracy and clarity.

The bodies of three passengers killed in a bus attack in Pakistan's southwestern Balochistan province were identified on Thursday, police said.
Gunmen opened fire on the passenger bus on Wednesday in the Kalat district, according to provincial government spokesperson Shahid Rind. The bus was en route from Karachi to Quetta when it came under attack near a security checkpoint.
At least 11 people were injured, with three reported to be in critical condition. Authorities confirmed there were no women or children aboard at the time.
The bodies are being transported to Karachi, where they will be buried in the Ilyas Goth graveyard in the Liaquatabad area.
Local police officer Kalat Habibullah said the bus typically carries 40 to 50 passengers.
Qawal troupe on board
A Qawal troupe was also among the passengers. One of the members said they were going to Quetta to perform at a wedding function when they came under attack. In a video circulating on social media, the Qawal member said he lost three brothers in the attack. "What was our fault? We were only going to perform music, make people happy."
Police later identified the bodies as belonging a father and son, Muhammad Ahmed and Muhammed Raza, as well as Asif.
- YouTube youtube.com
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif expressed sorrow over the incident, offering condolences to the victims' families and directing authorities to ensure swift medical care for the injured.
Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi blamed "Fitna-Al-Hindustan" — a term used by Pakistani officials for India-backed militants — for orchestrating the attack. New Delhi has repeatedly denied any involvement in unrest in Balochistan.
The attack comes amid a rise in violence in the province. Earlier this month, nine passengers were abducted and killed in a similar assault.
Militant groups in Balochistan, including the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), have previously stopped buses and killed passengers identified as ethnic Punjabis. The BLA, which Islamabad classifies as a terrorist organization, has claimed responsibility for several such attacks in the past.
Balochistan, which borders Iran and Afghanistan, has long been gripped by a low-level separatist insurgency. Ethnic Baloch militants accuse the federal government of exploiting the province’s natural resources while neglecting its people.
Despite military operations in the region, attacks on civilians and security forces continue, leaving the region tense and unstable.
Comments
See what people are discussing